Marc A. Moccia
- Massachusetts, 2011
- US District Court for the District of MA
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member-Supreme Judicial Court Standing Committee on Lawyer Well-Being
- President Haverhill Bar Association 2017-2018
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Leadership Academy Fellow – Massachusetts Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Family Law Section Council – Massachusetts Bar Association
- Membership Committee – Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Essex County Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Divorce and Family Law
- Medical Malpractice/Nursing Home Liability
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. cum laude – 2011
- Honors: The Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Criminal Law
- Honors: Member of Phi Delta Phi
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- B.A. – 2007 Political Science
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Judicial Intern to The Honorable Michael J. Coyne at the Boston Municipal Court
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Section Council Liaison; Assistant Fee Arbitration Board
Since joining the Firm in 2011, Attorney Marc A. Moccia was elected President of the Haverhill Bar Association in 2017. In 2017, Attorney Moccia also successfully negotiated a $750,000.00 settlement of a medical negligence case along with partner Walter A. Costello, Jr., involving the death from cancer of an 82-year-old man.
Attorney Moccia served on the Massachusetts Bar Association’s prestigious Task Force on the Law, Economy, and Underemployment where he contributed to the Task Force’s 2012 Report entitled “Beginning the Conversation,” exploring the causes of and solutions for underemployment of law student graduates; a report that has received national recognition since its release in May, 2012. He currently sits on the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Family Law Section Council and the MBA’s Membership Committee and is a Fellow of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Leadership Academy.
Attorney Moccia was recognized in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in the specialty of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, and in the 2021 edition in both Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Family Law. He was also named an Up and Coming Lawyer by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly in 2020.
A member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and the Essex County Bar Association, Attorney Moccia continues a tradition of bar leadership and excellence in the profession.
Since joining the firm in November, 2011, Attorney Moccia has concentrated in state and federal civil litigation in the area of police misconduct, divorce and family law, and personal injury litigation.